Pangur Ban. El gato blanco


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Anónimo galés. Atribuido a un discípulo de San Patricio, patrono de Irlanda. Poema escrito en el margen de un manuscrito de las Epístolas de San Pablo por un estudiante irlandés. Probablemente del siglo IX.)

I and Pangur Ban my cat,

'Tis a like task we are at:

Hunting mice is his delight,

Hunting words I sit all night.

Better far than praise of men

'Tis to sit with book and pen;

Pangur bears me no ill-will,

He too plies his simple skill.

'Tis a merry sight to see

At our tasks how glad are we,

When at home we sit and find

Entertainment to our mind.

Oftentimes a mouse will stray

In the hero Pangur's way;

Oftentimes my keen thought set

Takes a meaning in its net.

'Gainst the wall he sets his eye

Full and fierce and sharp and sly;

'Gainst the wall of knowledge I

All my little wisdom try.

When a mouse darts from its den,

O how glad is Pangur then!

O what gladness do I prove

When I solve the doubts I love!

So in peace our tasks we ply,

Pangur Ban, my cat, and I;

In our arts we find our bliss,

I have mine and he has his.

Yo y mi gato Pangur Bán

Seguimos parejo plan;

Mientras él caza ratones

Cazo yo las emociones.

Lejos del loor mundano

siéntome, lápiz en mano;

Pangur mira y, sin rencor,

Pone en obra su labor.

¡Cuán gozoso vernos es

disfrutando del placer,

cada uno en el hogar

con su deleite y solaz!

A menudo un ratón pasa

ante Pangur, y lo caza;

una palabra a menudo

en la red cae, y la anudo.

Frente al muro, la mirada

fija él feroz, descarnada;

frente al muro del saber

templo yo mi parecer.

¡Para el gato, qué gentil

si un ratón deja el cubil!

¡Para mi, qué regocijo

si alguna duda corrijo!

En la casa, sin boato,

yo y Pangur Bán, mi gato,

cada uno por su parte

afinamos nuestras artes.


0 Responses to “Pangur Ban. El gato blanco”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Another Links


ATOM 0.3